Emmi raises stake in AVH to hold focus on goat’s milk

Emmi raises stake in AVH to hold focus on goat’s milk

- in Business
18
0

Swiss dairy company Emmi has increased it has the stake in the Netherlands’ AVH Dairy Industry amid a continuing focus on goat’utes milk products.

Emmi has held a new stake in AVH C a trader of sheep’s milk and goat’verts milk products based in Bergen, north of Amsterdam C since January 2013. A Swiss company is now increasing that stake from 75% to help 90%, while the remaining 10% will continue to be used by AVH’s founder.

The Dutch company manufactures a range of items based on sheep’s and goat’vertisements milk C including cheese, milk powder and protein works. It distributes to consumers in the EU, US plus Asia and turned over 35 million in sales during 2017.

The worth of Emmi’s increased stake is actually not disclosed.

Goat’s milk processor chips and producers continue to be vital that you Emmi, which has previously called the grouping “one of the most attractive niches inside the international dairy industry”.

In January 2016, that took a 60% stake around Dutch dairy producer Bettinehoeve, the largest producer of fresh and ripened goat’s cheese in the Benelux location.

Then, at the beginning of 2017, Emmi agreed a deal for US goat’s milk processor Jackson-Mitchell, which trading markets goat’s milk products under the Meyenberg brand and provides fresh, evaporated and powdered ingredients goat’s milk to the US industry.

In 2016, it also took an 80% position in Lacteos Caprinos, a Spanish maker of goat’s milk mozerella.

It is not the only dairy corporation backing goat’s milk: Saputo has got invested heavily into the category. In November, the Canadian dairy company agreed to attain US goat’s cheese manufacturer Montchevre, expanding its presence in specialty cheeses.

That followed the $80 mil acquisition of North American goat’s cheddar dairy product manufacturer Woolwich Dairy in March 2015.

More recently, it has diversified inside speciality cheeses market by way of acquiring Shepherd Gourmet Dairy, a great Ontario-based manufacturer of speciality cheeses and yogurts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

China dairy company Beingmate appoints new general manager

Chinese milk powder manufacturer Beingmate has appointed a